Wondering how to factory reset Google Home Mini? The Google Home Mini has a lot of functionalities you can use to make your life easier. If you ever have problems with it, the last thing you want to do is to have to go through all that hassle of trying to figure out what went wrong. To get it back to factory settings, you have to go through the process of resetting it. This will delete all of the data and settings and then reboot it back to its original factory state.
How To Factory Reset Google Home Mini
To factory reset your Home Mini, press and hold the top button on your device for about 15 seconds. Then, press the button on the bottom of your device. Once you’ve done both of these things, your Google Home Mini will restart automatically and begin a reset process that can take up to 10 minutes.
Let’s look into these steps in details:
- Turn off your Google Home Mini. Press and hold the top of the device for about 7 seconds until it begins to flash in blue/white.
- Press and hold the microphone off button on the back of your Google Home Mini for about 7 seconds until you see a white light start flashing.
- Release your finger from both buttons when done factory resetting, which will cause all lights to turn off again except for one solid orange light on top of your device (this means it is ready for setup).
- Press and hold the top of your Google Home Mini for about 12 seconds.
- While holding down the top button, press and hold the button on the back of your Google Home Mini for about 12 seconds until all 4 LEDs start flashing white (this may take around 15-20 seconds)
- Release both buttons when finished
- Connect the device to your home’s Wi-Fi network
- Open the Google Home app and select the device you want to factory reset
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the app and select Settings
- Tap on Device settings from here, you will see a list of all devices that are connected to your account with Google Home Mini next to it
- Press the button on the back of the mini.
- Wait for the lights to blink.
- Press the button again.
- Wait for the lights to blink again. The device will reboot, and you’ll be taken through a factory reset process that erases all information stored on its memory and restores it to its default settings if necessary. Once this process is complete, your Google Home Mini is ready to use again!
That’s wrap up on the mini guide to how to solve the problem with another Google product. If you are the owner of a Google Home Mini and are looking to reset your device, you can use these steps. First, turn off your smart speaker. Then, hold down the top portion of the device with your finger and the lower portion with your thumb. While continuing to hold the top and bottom of the device, quickly pull the device apart. This will restart the device and allow you to restore it to factory settings. This is a great way to upgrade your device if you want to sell it or give it to someone else.