Many people are aware that YouTube is a good platform for watching and posting video content. But what many don’t know is that it also allows users to record videos so that they can watch them later on. Therefore, you don’t have to miss your favorite sports, shows, or events: record them and watch them at your preferred time.
The recording feature also allows you to save your recording to your library. Once you begin watching, you can choose your recording format, whether live or video-on-demand. In this article, we will take you through the process of recording a show on Youtube.
How Youtube TV Works
Youtube TV is a live-streaming service that offers access to over 100 channels. No cable connections or satellite TV is needed; instead, it works like other online streaming services. You only need an internet connection and a streaming device to stream Youtube TV. Some of the streaming devices you can use include Google Chromecast, Roku players, FIRE TV, and Apple players.
The channels you can watch on Youtube TV depend on your location, but generally, it has 70 channels. You can watch and record on Youtube TV channels such as ABC, NBX, National Geographic, and Fox TV. All Youtube originals are also available for viewing.
How Youtube Live Recording Works
When you record a program on Youtube live tv, all the shows airing and their reruns will be recorded. It’s not possible to record just one episode. But since you will have unlimited storage space on Youtube, recording all episodes is fine. All your recordings will be stored online for 9 months, so you don’t have to worry about filling up your streaming device.
How to Record Shows on Youtube TV
If you don’t want to use third-party services, one of the options you should consider is adding the video you want to record to the library. Youtube TV offers unlimited recording. You can watch these programs up to 9 months after their recording date. Here are steps that you can use for Youtube recording:
- Visit the Youtube TV official site:https://tv.youtube.com
- Download the latest Youtube TV app if you are using a mobile device. You can also add the app to your smart TV or streaming device.
- Login into your Google account. Ensure that you have subscribed to Youtube TV.
- If you use a streaming service, go to https://tv.youtube.com/start to enter the login code. You should then sign in using your Google account.
- Once logged in, find the program you intend to record. Make use of Youtube features. For instance, use the search bar to find something specific.
- Once you have found the program, click on it to view its details.
- Click on the + sign on the program to record current and future programs of the program. You will be given the option to Add to the library. If you do not see the + sign, it may be impossible to record the program.
- After clicking the + sign, it will be shown as added to the library, and a checkmark will be included.
- You will be notified that you have added the program to your Youtube DVR library. Youtube will now add all the current and upcoming programs of the show to your library.
- If you are no longer interested in recording a program, you can remove it from your list.
How to record Live Youtube TV shows when watching.
If you don’t want to go through the above recording process, you can record the shows on Youtube TV while watching live.
- Go to Youtube Live TV and click on the Live tab at the top of the home screen.
- Choose the program you want to watch and start watching it.
- Pause the program. If you are using a streaming device, you can use the pause feature of your remote. If you are on a mobile device, use the pause button of the video.
- To begin recording, tap on the + sign to start recording.
Remember that if you are recording a program already airing, Youtube will only record from when you started recording. However, if there is a rerun of the show, it will record the whole show, including the previous part. This is also how to record future shows on Youtube TV.
How to Record Your Favorite Sport on Youtube TV
If you want to record a sporting event, here are the steps to follow:
- Go to Youtube TV
- Tap on the search button depicted by a magnifying glass icon
- Enter the name of the event, sport, or team you want to record
- Tap on the + icon
- Choose what you want to record. If you choose to record the league, Youtube will record all the league games. You can also choose to record a team’s games.
FAQs on Youtube TV Recordings
Here are some questions we often receive on how to record shows on Youtube TV:
How much does it cost to record on Youtube TV?
There are no charges for recording on Youtube TV.
How long can you keep recordings on Youtube TV?
All Youtube recordings are kept for 9 months. After 9 months, Youtube will automatically delete these recordings.
How do you use dvr on Youtube tv?
Here are the steps you need to follow to set on DVR.
- Visit Youtube studio
- Tap on Create, followed by Go Live
- From the stream tab, begin a live stream. You can also schedule a live stream from the Manage tab feature.
- Click on Enable DVR from the Stream dashboard
How far in advance can you record on youtube tv?
Youtube TV allows you to schedule shows up to 4 weeks in advance. To change your settings so that a program records later, search for the program and choose a series you want to record.
With Youtube recordings, you don’t have to miss your favorite shows or events. Simply use the above steps to record on Youtube TV.