Affiliate marketing is a buzzword that makes our heads spin. What is it? It is a method of promoting web businesses in which an affiliate (publisher) is rewarded for every visitor, subscriber, customer, and sale provided through their efforts.
To win in Affiliate Marketing, you have to get your mindset towards helping people; you have to become a problem solver. You must build a long-term business relationship that involves helping other people by supplying them with better information, better products, or by showing them something that will add more value to their life.
Understand Affiliate Marketing First
Keep in mind that you must sell a solution or opportunity, not a product. If you do this, you will be successful. Do not jump to the conclusion that you have a perfect product to sell. First, try to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and answer the following questions:
- What is in it for me?
- What can I get out of this?
- How does this product or services benefit me?
- How does this product or service solve my problems?
If you cannot respond to any of the above questions, you don’t have a product. If you become good at helping people and building relationships, people will buy from you, and you will receive your reward for the effort. Your purpose is not to get a customer from time to time. You want customers who are happy with your overall services, and they come back to you.
Our Take On Affiliate Marketing For Dummies
If you’re looking for the simplest guide to affiliate marketing, we’ve prepared a list.These are the steps required to start affiliate marketing
- Choose a product.
- Create a Squeeze Page in which you collect names/emails.
- Link to your autoresponder.
- Choose or create a Landing Page/Sale Page.
- Use autoresponder follow-up with an email to convert more prospects into sales.
- Create a monetized Thank You page. (See More Below)
- Optional: offer OTO (One Time Offer) as up-sells when a customer gets out of your Web Page.
- Accumulate and reward Affiliates; this is another part of the process which must be automated.
What is a Thank You page, and why you need it
A “thank you page” is essential to provide your readers with your affiliate links. This is also an opportunity to interact more and create a lasting impression on your reader.
- A thank you sentence for buying the product.
- The URL to purchase the product.
- Opt-in form to fill in for a FREE unadvertised bonus.
- A link to a FREE mini e-course.
- A link to one of your Web sites (you can include as many links as you want if they are related to the same niche).
- Google AdSense advertising.
The first thing you must do is to decide if you want to sell products other people created and/or your own products. The second thing is to learn how to market. The eight steps sale process listed above can be your road map. The third thing you must do is equip yourself with the tools you need.
Note: all the noise about not needing any money for Affiliate Marketing is pure hype. It is true, you don’t need money to buy anything, but time is money. The time you spend researching, writing, and other related tasks could be considered a cost. Also you may need to buy tools and services for the automation and customer services. You know from real life that if a seller offers you poor customer service, you will never return to them.