WAEC marketing means marketing strategies or tactics to promote WAEC exams or WAEC students. Marketing exam preparation tips and strategies for WAEC marketing students. You are about to embark on another exciting journey in your marketing career. As a marketing student, you must be wondering what the marketing exam entails.
Maybe you are already very good at building business cases but need extra guidance with writing answers. Or you’re confident in your analytical skills but want on-the-spot help with marketing research case study questions. Here are some WAEC marketing passing Tips you can use to promote your WAEC child in school and therefore improve his/her academic performance.
What Is WAEC Marketing?
WAEC Marketing is a type of marketing that uses the Web to promote a business or a product. It’s a form of online advertising that usually takes place on websites and social media platforms.
The goal of WAEC marketers is to generate traffic to their websites and increase sales. There are several different types of WAEC marketing strategies, but most involve paid advertising services. WAEC is an acronym for the West African Examination Council, which administers the Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) in Nigeria. The examination is administered to candidates in over 1,000 centers across Nigeria and is used as the admission requirement for universities in Nigeria.
The exam is conducted yearly and comprises three core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science (Physics/Chemistry). In addition, candidates may take other optional subjects such as French, Government, and History.
To pass WAEC with credit (D), students must obtain a minimum of 40% aggregate score in each subject. A candidate who passes with credit may then take the National Examination Council (NECO) at the JSS2 level.
The importance of WAEC Marketing
WAEC marketing is an investment in your business. As a marketing professional, you definitely want to show a return on your investment, and the best way to do this is by setting up a measurable marketing strategy. Writing a marketing plan is an essential step in developing your WAEC marketing strategy. It helps you define your goals and objectives, identify your target customers and determine how you will reach them.
A well-written plan includes specific details about what you want to accomplish, how much money you want to spend on each aspect of the campaign (advertising, sales promotions, etc.) and how long it will take until you see results from your efforts. WAEC marketing is responsible for promoting and advertising WAEC products, services, events, and news.
Its main aim is to create awareness about WAEC and its various activities. WAEC marketing also ensures that all WAEC stakeholders are informed about any new developments in the examination body. This can be done through print media, radio, television, and online platforms such as social media.
The primary function of WAEC marketing is to inform students about different courses available in the country. It also informs parents on how they can prepare their children for these examinations to pass with flying colors. The most important aspect of this department is to get more people interested in taking up examinations by any means necessary, including advertisements on television or in print media.
WAEC Marketing Exam Textbooks to Read
Everyone appreciates that WAEC often provides students with many books to study. This is intended to be beneficial to students, but it has become a dilemma because the books provided by WAEC are frequently excessive. As a result, we were able to identify the two most crucial textbooks for applicants who desire to achieve in their WAEC English and Mathematics exams.
New Concept English Textbook (Latest Edition) and Aki – Ola Series for Mathematics are the top publications for WAEC English and Mathematics, according to our analysis (Latest edition).
What is the WAEC Marketing Exam Question Formation?
The West African Examinations Council has developed the scheme. It is a set of rules that any candidate can use to ensure that they achieve maximum marks on any examination paper. It is also a tool for teachers to help them teach effectively and efficiently since they will be able to identify where students are having difficulty with their lessons and how best to correct those areas.
WAEC examination topics are usually divided into two halves. The theoretical and objective aspects. Please pay close attention as I describe the two parts beneath.
The theory section: You will be asked to complete a questionnaire with no options provided. This section requires you to provide complete answers to questions you will be asked.
The objective section: Unlike the methodology chapter, the target section consists of questions with alternatives.
What Types Of Questions can be Asked In WAEC Marketing Examination?
The WAEC marketing exam is a question-and-answer-based test, which means you will have to know your topic very well. You will be expected to answer questions about the marketing concept and theories.
The best way to prepare for this exam is to use the WAEC syllabus as your guide. The syllabus is a document that contains all the topics of a particular course, including its sub-topics.
If you are preparing for this exam, you must know that there are different types of questions that can be asked. These include:
Multiple choice questions (MCQs): these are questions with four or more options, and you have to choose only one of them as the right answer.
Short answer questions: these are questions that require you to write or type an answer in a limited space or period.
Fill in the blanks: these are questions where there is a space under which you have to fill in some information, such as numbers or words that are missing from the question.
WAEC Marketing Passing Tips
WAEC Marketing is one of the most important subjects in the G.C.E. /WASSCE examination. It is also one of the most difficult subjects to score well in because of its vast content, covering four major areas: marketing management, consumer behavior, marketing research, and advertising and promotion.
The following are some tips that may help you pass this subject with flying colors:
Understand the WAEC Examination Pattern
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is one of Nigeria’s most popular examining bodies. Students sit for the WAEC exams in April and November each year. The current WAEC examination pattern ensures that students are adequately prepared for their exams.
The WAEC examination pattern comprises three English language, mathematics, and scientific papers. The candidate must pass all three papers to obtain the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) certificate and diploma. The WAEC examination pattern is a unique and effective way to evaluate students’ academic performance. The exam comprises two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2.
Paper 1 is an objective test that evaluates candidates’ skills in English Language, Mathematics, and Integrated Science. It lasts for 3hours and 40 minutes.
Paper 2 is a subjective test that evaluates the skills of candidates in the following areas:
Art & Design: It assesses candidates’ ability to draw, sketch or design using appropriate materials such as pencils, charcoal, pastels, and markers.
Commerce: It assesses candidates’ knowledge in Accounting, Business Mathematics, and Economics and their ability to interpret data using graphs and tables.
Agriculture: It assesses candidates’ knowledge in Agricultural Science across all its
aspects and their ability to interpret data using graphs and tables.
Section: Understand the syllabus, study guide, and topics properly
There are many topics in the WAEC marketing syllabus that you may not have studied. If you have been having trouble with this subject, it is high time you get the right study guide to help you pass the exam. There are many study guides available online, but it is important to choose the right one to get a passing score.
Some of these guides are not worth your money, and they do not offer any value for money. Fortunately, some guides offer excellent value for money and guarantee results. It’s easy to find a good study guide for WAEC Business Studies if you know where to look. The study guide should be designed by experts who have experience teaching this subject and understand what examiners look for when marking your papers.
Make a Study Schedule
If you’re like most students, you have a lot to do before the end of the school year. If you are preparing for your national examination, you need to start now. The sooner you start, the more time you will have to fine-tune your study schedule and make any necessary adjustments.
Here are some tips on how to create an effective study schedule:
1. Start with a blank calendar or spreadsheet and divide it into weeks. If this is not possible because of other commitments, write down all dates in one column and then add columns for different subjects or topics.
2. Look at your school calendar for the next few weeks or months and mark important academic events (e.g., exams, quizzes, or papers). These will become part of your study plan.
3. Identify key concepts that need to be mastered before each exam by looking at sample questions from past exams and textbooks used in class. This should help you determine how much time each concept requires and how often it should be reviewed during the study period leading up to the exam date.
4. Create a list of all assignments due during that period; add these to your calendar so they can be included in your schedule when making plans.
5. Schedule time for each assignment on your calendar to know when you need to start working on it and when it needs to be finished.
6. Set reminders for yourself throughout the day, so you don’t forget about upcoming assignments or deadlines. This way, even if you’re busy with classwork or studying, you’ll still have time to get everything done before it’s due.
Go over your SSCE notes
The SSCE is a very important examination in Nigeria. It is the first major step towards Waec Marketing and serves as a gateway to other higher institutions of learning.
You may have heard that some students do not read their notes and still get good grades. But this is not an excuse to do the same.
The first reason you should read your notes is to understand what you learned in class. When you read your notes, it helps you remember the concepts and ideas better. Also, when you go for an exam, if you are well prepared with your notes, it will be easy for you to answer questions on the topics covered in class. This will also make it easier for you to write your exams because topics are common in most questions asked in various subjects at the SSCE level.
Another reason why reading notes is important is that it gives a student time to organize his thoughts and assimilate information into his mind more effectively than just hearing information without seeing anything written down or having someone explain it verbally only once. This is especially true for subjects like Maths and Physics, where many formulas need to be memorized.
In addition to this, reading notes also helps with retention. This is because you are forced to go through the content more than once, which means that your brain will better remember what it has read. Finally, writing down notes also helps with active learning. When you write down something, it forces you to go through each point several times before moving on to the next one. This ensures that you understand everything before moving forward.
Reading and Understanding Techniques
You must read the executive summary first because it has all of the key points laid out in one place. You may also want to read any other sections that interest you before going to the next step.
- Every day, set aside time to read.
- Make an effort to answer the mathematical issues in your textbooks and lessons.
- Simulations should not be crammed into your notes or textbooks.
- Between the lines, look over your notes and texts.
- When continuing to the next page, be sure you realize the principles in that section.
- During learning time, do not monitor your Phone or Instagram.
- Ways to generate should be learned and understood.
- When you’re researching, don’t lie down.
- Learn in a quiet atmosphere with no interruptions.
- Make a study schedule long in advance.
- When studying, use memory aids to ensure you understand what you’ve read.
- Make the ideal study atmosphere.
- When studying, avoid reading loudly.
- Reject all feelings of indolence.
Participate in a Group Study
If you are taking the WAEC marketing exam, group study is a great way to prepare for the exam. Group study increases your chances of passing the WAEC marketing exam.
In a group study, you are likely to get answers from other people in the group. You can also learn from other members of the group. This will help you understand things better and make your preparation easier.
When you take part in a group study, you must follow rules that have been set by the teacher or facilitator of the group study sessions. The rules may include:
- Each member must read the assigned material and come prepared with their own questions related to the reading material.
- Members should be able to participate actively during discussions and not just sit there without saying anything.
- You should be able to ask questions even when they are not related directly to what was discussed during class but could be used as a reference point for future discussions around similar topics or concepts.
Get and read suggested WAEC resources
The WAEC Marketing exam is one of Nigeria’s most popular and difficult exams. The course is important to many students as it is an elective subject. There are many materials for this course, but we have selected the top-recommended WAEC materials. These materials will help you prepare for your exam and also pass it. The recommended books, notes, and other materials are listed below:
1. Business Law by Maxwell Aruede, Kayode Ogundeji & Oladimeji Adewale (Published by Macmillan Education Limited)
2. Principles of Marketing by Philip Kotler (Published by Pearson Education Limited)
3. Principles of Accounting for Business Decisions by Kevin Koyejo (Published by Macmillan Education Limited)
Below are the 5 recommended WAEC Marketing Materials:
1. WAEC Marketing Exam Sample Questions 2nd Edition – This is a popular book that contains 1,000 questions and answers on various topics in Marketing which will help you prepare better for your exam. You can download it online or buy a physical copy from Amazon or any bookstore.
2. WAEC Business Studies Question Bank – This book contains over 1,500 questions covering all topics in Business Studies, including Accounting, Economics, Management, etc. It will help you prepare better for your exam, so get one now!
3. WAEC Business Studies Past Papers – This book contains past papers from 2002-to 2018 (17 years). It covers all subjects, including Accounting, Economics, Management, etc. It is useful if you want to know what kind of questions were asked in previous years so buy one now.
Take a WAEC mock tests
The mock WAEC test is required to pass the WAEC assessment with As. This can give you peace of mind for the WAEC exams while also reducing your anxiety about the major exam.
It should be noted that it cannot be a formal evaluation given at your school. You may easily review your previous answers to questions, answer questions from a certain year, and then verify your answers in the answer section to see if they were accurate.
Most applicants consider this a waste of time, but it works effectively. It will prepare you for the real exam and help advance for you to pass the WAEC exam in one sitting.
Do not rely on exam cheating to get through
Many commentators have claimed that few African pupils desire to complete the WAEC exam without cheating. In reality, some applicants assume that passing the WAEC assessment without cheating is unattainable; however, this is not the case.
A student from Ghana called me a few years ago, requesting cheating to pass her scheduled test the next day. I actually punished her and told her to pick up her books and read them.
“It is unlikely to reach WAEC examinations without academic Cheating,” she replied before hanging up the phone, much to my surprise. At that point, I realized one of the causes why so many pupils continue to fail the WAEC exam. Bear in mind that depending on delinquent behavior to pass the WAEC exam is never a good idea because you can be identified doing it. Furthermore, if you are detected indulging in examination misconduct, your exam results will be compromised.
As a result, I advise you to avoid relying on Malpractice. Before the exam, depending on what you read. That is the only approach to ensure your achievement in the WAEC exams.
Beg God to help you remember what you’ve read
You need God’s help and guidance to pass the WAEC exam in one session. To be honest, you didn’t break WAEC without God’s help. Unbelievable events can occur throughout the WAEC assessment, jeopardizing your exam performance, and if you have never had God on your side, failure will be very simple.
You’ve probably heard of incidents where applicants who scored really well on their exams were denied access to their grades.
It’s not as if those kids didn’t read before the final. It’s not always because they didn’t have God on their side. So, if you want to pass the WAEC exam in one sitting, you’ll need God’s help.
Eat healthy food and exercise
Eating the right foods and getting regular exercise will assist your mind in remembering what you read. Only eat a balanced diet rich in proteins, minerals, vitamins, and other nutrients as you get ready for your test. Avoid junk foods because they provide no healthy grants to help you study for your exams. Additionally, drink lots of water while reading to put your body hydrated.
Exercising for 30 minutes more than per day will aid with brain optimization. When you participate in physical pursuits such as exercise, your body responds positively. When you have the opportunity to exercise, I propose that you construct a fitness regimen. For learners, it is preferable to work out in the evenings rather than in the morning.
Beware of being distracted by social media
If you are taking a marketing exam, you need to be careful with social media. Many people use it all day long, and they have no idea how it affects them.
Social media should not be used during the WAEC exam. You need all of your concentration on your exams, and it can be hard to focus on them when you are distracted by social media. You also want to get the best score possible, but this will not happen if you are distracted by social media.
There are some ways to avoid being distracted by social media during your exam. First, make sure that you have turned off your phone and computer before the test begins. This way, you know that there will be no distractions from either of these devices while taking the test.
Also, make sure that there is no way for anyone else in the room to access either of these devices so that they do not distract anyone else in the room or distract anyone who has their back turned away from them while they are taking their exam as well. Another thing that can help prevent distraction is to limit yourself to only checking your phone once every hour and only checking your computer once every two hours.
Here are some suggestions for staying away from social media when studying:
- While studying, avoid checking your phone.
- Turn off Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp force alerts.
- Keep away from social media groups throughout your exam sessions.
- While you’re studying, don’t take any unnecessary calls.
- Command yourself not to browse The internet or WhatsApp for a set amount of time, such as a couple of days or a week.
- While you’re studying, turn off your cellphone.
- To make crucial calls, get a torchlight phone.
How to correctly respond to WAEC essay and objective questions?
Many students have been asking how they can correctly respond to the WAEC essay questions. This can be very difficult for some students because they are not familiar with the topic or do not have any experience writing about it.
To help you out, we have provided some tips on how you should go about answering essay and objective questions:
1. Read the question carefully and make sure you understand what it asks of you.
2. If you don’t understand what the question is asking of you, ask your teacher or parent for clarification before answering the question.
3. Take note of any time constraints given by your teacher or school’s examination guidelines so as not to exceed the time allocated for each question.
4. Use relevant examples from your own life or experiences to prove your point when answering an objective question; this will make your answer more convincing and interesting than if you just wrote down what was asked of you without any proof whatsoever.
5. Be as precise as possible when writing your response; do not use vague words like “good” or “bad” or make general statements like”
Additional Tips to Aid Your WAEC Preparation
The WAEC Examination is one of the most important examinations that you will ever write. It is a gateway to your future, determining how bright or dark your future will be.
If you want your WAEC examination to succeed, you must prepare well for it. This can only happen if you know how to prepare for WAEC. Here are some tips on how to get ready for your WAEC Examination:
Establish reasonable targets for yourself
If you would like to succeed in your WAEC exams, list all of the courses you’ll be taking and assign them the scores you desire. Then figure out how to get there.
Here’s a case in point:
Agriculture = A1 Biology = A1 Chemistry = B2 Computer = B2 Economics = B3 English = B3 Geography = B2 Mathematics = A1 Physics = B2 Mathematics = A1 Physics = B2
Having a goal for yourself in advance will keep you motivated and even boost you if you feel depressed.
Learn how to ask questions correctly
Ask open-ended questions. Open-ended questions require more than one word and encourage the person answering to elaborate. Asking closed-ended questions, such as “yes” or “no,” forces the person answering to respond with a simple yes or no, which doesn’t really give you an insight into their thinking process.
Ask follow-up questions. If someone gives you an answer that doesn’t seem right, don’t just accept it without investigating further. Ask them if they could explain their reasoning behind their answer and see if it makes more sense once they’ve had time to think about it further (or if there was something else going on).
Join WAEC discussion groups
Welcome to the Waec marketing community. This is a place for teachers, parents, students, and other people interested in the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) to share their questions and answers about the WAEC.
To get started, please read our guidelines below. If you need any help or have a question, send us a message or post your question on our Facebook page.
When posting in this group:
Please include your name, district, and school so that we can identify you when replying to your post. This will make it easier for us to follow up with questions if necessary.
Please use proper grammar and spelling when writing posts, as this will make it easier for us to understand what you are saying. If you’re not sure about something, just ask! We’ll be happy to help out.
Arrive early for your examination
To make sure you are ready for your WAEC examination, it is important to arrive early. Here are some tips to help you get there on time:
Arrive early: It is always best to arrive early at the examination center. This will give you time to relax and prepare yourself mentally for the WAEC examination. You can also use this time to familiarize yourself with where the center is located and how to get there. Remember, not all centers will be accessible by public transportation, so if you need a lift, make sure that you allow enough time for this too.
Bring two pens: One pen should be black and the other blue or red. Always bring two pens because if one breaks while writing, they may not allow another one until after the break.
Bring extra batteries: If your calculator or other electronic devices run out of power during an examination, they may not allow you to use another one until after the break. Make sure that you have extra batteries with you just in case.
Figure out what is best for you
Another crucial piece of advice for passing the next JAMB UTME is discovering what works best for you. When the assessment date approaches, you will typically witness a large number of students study at dawn and midnight to prepare themselves. However, whether or not you must do the same is dependent on how your brain functions, which is why you must figure out what feels right for you.
If, on the other hand, you may be one of those students who, like me, need to begin studying months before the test, and you make the error of obeying the inspiration of those who comprehend quickly even if they continue learning for a few days before the exam, you will most probably collapse the exam. This is a crucial thing to note if you want to succeed in the WAEC exam, so I’m addressing it here.
Develop time management skills
One of the most critical considerations for each examination applicant is time constraints. Each of your WAEC topic papers is given a set amount of time. As a result, you’ll need to be quick when responding to all of the essential questions, and the easiest way to do so is, to begin with the ones you already know. All topic in the WAEC test is allotted a minimum of 2 hours.
You’ll undoubtedly face some difficult problems, but what’s the reason to waste time on a subject you don’t understand when there are so many others that you do?
But, once you’ve finished with the others, go back to those difficult queries. You may not be allowed further opportunities to plan if you seem unable to accomplish your queries before stopping. Make sure you finish your questions 30 min before the time limit expires. This will assist you in revising your work and checking for errors.
You’ll be handed an OMR sheet to color in the boxes with your WAEC exam information and responses to the survey questionnaire. Only dark shades are frequently used in computers made during the process of signing OMR sheets. As a result, if you shade weakly, the computer will suppose you didn’t shade any response for that field, and you will receive no credit for that issue.
To avoid having your result withheld or your total objective mark for that WAEC topic reduced due to a technical error, ensure all of your shadings are strong and black enough to be plainly visible. On paper, employ pencils that produce darker hues. HBs are suggested.
Goals and Objectives for WAEC Preparation
- Many pupils are unsure why WAEC chose this exam for them. So, before we get started, let’s go through some of why WAEC created this WAEC Exam.
- One of the most significant purposes of the WAEC Exam is to prepare s who Candidates will be continuing their study at an advanced rank.
- Assist students in developing technical knowledge and putting them to use in their course of research at higher education institutions.
- Students should be taught how to write their own exams.
- Everyone should be tested on how much they have acquired from their SS1 through SS3 classroom sessions.
- Students in improvement with a good outlook and strategy for dealing with academic concerns.
Prerequisites for WAEC Registration
- You must be enrolled in a public or private senior high school.
- Choose the subjects you wish to enroll in.
- Have your application fee on hand.
- Create a private email account and remember the passcode.
- Identify when you were born.
- Have your own telephone number.
- Make sure your name is spelled correctly
- Understand your local government and home state.
- Understand where you live.
- Study yourself for the exam.
WAEC is a criterion for enrollment in Nigerian universities
Applicants must have a CREDIT GRADE in Core Curriculum to get admission to an institution. The core disciplines are likely related to your degree of studies, such as mathematics and the English language. Your WAEC main subjects will indicate the JAMB topics you will take.
Is it hard to pass WAEC?
NO, passing WAEC is not tough.
The possible explanation for this is that the panel will not ask you questions over and above what you’ve learned in school. To help the students do well in their standardized tests, they also reveal a curriculum for each topic. Still, many applicants overlook this and read the entire reading material and some unneeded books.
What is the WAEC Average Grade?
In 2022, the WAEC passing grade will be:
B2 (Very Good)
C4, C5, and C6 (Credit)
D7 and E8 (Pass)
How Can I Get WAEC Previous Questions?
WAEC’s previous questions are available online.
- They’re also available in decent bookstores around you.
- You might be able to get past inquiries from the school where you registered.
- Browse the Google Playstore to see whether your school has a WAEC questions program.
What Causes Students to Fail the WAEC?
Most students fail the WAEC exam for the following reasons:
- Responding to questions incorrectly.
- Inefficient educational system
- Unhealthy reading habits
- Lack of early preparation and rigorous reading of guidelines Reliance on the exhibition
- Failure to attend lessons and sessions
- Interruption from social media
- Learning without a curriculum or previous questions
- If you truly desire to pass WAEC, you must tackle this issue.
The WAEC attempt is a critical one. It decides your admission into the university of your choice and determines your future in terms of employment and future business opportunities. To ensure that you succeed in this, you need to plan, work hard, and approach the exam with the right attitude.
You should try to review your lessons thoroughly so that you can discuss all the topics needed for WAEC; also, you should not just memorize everything but also understand things properly. Let’s keep it clean, comment if you like, and subscribe for more.