As a marketer, you know that there are countless strategies you can use to reach your target audience. But with so many options to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to start. Not to worry! We’ve put together a list of seven types of essential marketing strategies that no marketer should be without. And don’t forget, as your business changes and grows, so too will your marketing needs. So be sure to revisit this list frequently and update your strategy arsenal as needed.
Understanding What Marketing Is
Marketing is the science of choosing target markets through market analysis and market segmentation, as well as understanding consumer behavior and providing superior customer value.
Marketing is not just advertising or sales—it’s everything a company does to gain customers and keep relations with them. Marketers use their knowledge of consumers’ needs, wants, desires and motivations to identify potential customers (or “consumer segments”). Then they develop an idea for how they can reach them by creating effective marketing communications (e-mail messages; ads on television; digital ads).
Marketing, more than any other business function, is the one that touches every part of the business.
Marketing is the science of choosing target markets through market analysis and market segmentation, as well as understanding consumer behavior and providing superior customer value. It is a process that identifies, anticipates and fulfills customer needs profitably. It’s about creating value for your customers by satisfying their needs in a way that makes sense for your business.
Different Types of Marketing Strategies
When it comes to marketing, there are a variety of strategies you can use to get your product or service in front of the right people. But which ones should you focus on? That depends on your business and what you’re trying to achieve. There are seven main types of marketing strategies:
Social media marketing
Social media marketing is highly effective marketing plan and it is the practice of creating content and sharing it on social media. It can help build relationships with customers, promote a brand and generate awareness of your company. The best part about social media marketing is that it’s free!
Social Media Marketing Strategies:
- Create Content – Share relevant information about your business or products with potential customers through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter etc., as well as other platforms such as Pinterest and LinkedIn. You can also use video tutorials or infographics to provide valuable tips on how someone can use what you offer better than they could ever imagine!
- Engage With Your Audience – When talking about engaging with people through social media then there are several ways in which this process can take place including finding out what specific interests each person has so that when posting pieces of content which may not appeal directly towards them then these individuals will still find something interesting enough anyway (even if just for curiosity’s sake). Another way would be by asking questions regarding certain topics–for example “What music genre do you listen too?” If the answer comes back “Hard Rock” then ask another question such as “What bands do those artists remind me most?” This method helps generate interest among subscribers while also allowing them access into more information related specifically towards those bands/artists listed above.”
Pay Per Click
Pay Per Click (PPC) is a form of online advertising where advertisers pay a fee each time someone clicks on one of their ads. In the past, this type of marketing helped generate traffic for websites. Nowadays, it can also attract users in your target audience and make sure that they get excited about what you have to offer them.
PPC works by allowing companies to bid on keywords related to their products or services so that when someone searches for something related to those keywords on Google or other search engines like Bing, etc., they are more likely to see your ad than other ones because of the bids placed by advertisers willing to use Facebook Ads option. Which allows marketers who want an easier way of managing budgets to do so. Without having any technical knowledge at all!
Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving your website’s rankings on search engines. It’s a long-term strategy that can take months or years to see results, but it’s well worth the investment.
There are two types of SEO: white hat and black hat. White hat means you’re trying to get as many people to visit your site as possible through legitimate means like link building, paid advertising and keyword research. Black hat tactics include manipulating search results by using bots or making up fake reviews in order to boost PageRank artificially. And those are the kind we all know about because they’ve been around since Google was founded!
The best way for small businesses like yours who aren’t ready yet for a huge PPC campaign (pay per click) or social media marketing (like Facebook ads), is probably still SEO. That’s because it doesn’t require spending any money upfront while still bringing in new customers over time!
Content marketing is a strategy that helps you attract, engage and convert leads. It can be used in many different ways:
- To generate leads through the creation of quality content on your website or blog.
- To build trust with your audience by providing helpful information that they can use to solve their problems or make better decisions.
- To create an ongoing relationship with customers by offering them regular updates on what’s new at your business (and vice versa).
Affiliate marketing is a type of performance-based marketing in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought by the affiliate’s own marketing efforts. The affiliate may receive a commission for every sale that they refer, or may receive a percentage of the sales price paid by the customer to cover their costs in promoting it. The benefits of affiliate programs are many:
- You can build your own brand with your name on it, which gives you credibility with customers and makes them want to buy from you instead of someone else who isn’t using an affiliate program. This is especially important if they’re selling something similar or related because people will trust what they know about your company rather than another company that doesn’t have its name behind it (even if there are other ways around this).
Influencer marketing is a form of advertising that involves partnering with an individual or group of individuals who have influence on the target market. In this context, “influencer” refers to someone who has been identified as having a high level of authority in his or her field. The goal of influencer marketing is to reach people who are likely to be interested in your product or service and convince them that it’s worth their time, energy and money.
Influencers can be people with large followings on social media channels like Twitter or Instagram; journalists; celebrities; experts and other figures within their industry (such as doctors); bloggers/vloggers – basically anyone with a significant online presence!
Email marketing is a great way to reach your audience. It can be used to promote products, services and content. Email marketing is also a cost-effective way to reach your audience. The best part about email marketing is that it allows you to build relationships with customers by providing them with relevant information or content at the right time in their lives. Email campaigns are one of the most effective ways for companies who want to drive sales by building trust between themselves and their customers/users by sending emails that contain useful information related to what they want (eCommerce).
Which Marketing Strategy Is Right for Your Business?
Since different strategies fit different brands, you’re probably wondering, “Which one is right for me?” Let’s break down each strategy discussed and how it might fit into your business model.
- For businesses that provide a service, content marketing is one of the most effective strategies. Content marketing involves creating helpful resources (such as blogs, videos, podcasts and infographics) that educate the audience on your services. This type of storytelling helps to build trust with customers and can persuade them to use your services.
- Social media marketing is a great way for businesses to directly connect with their target customer. Platforms like Instagram and Facebook allow you to post content that speaks directly to your customer base and encourages them to take action (for example, signing up for a newsletter or trying out a new product).
- For businesses that sell physical products, search engine optimization (SEO) is an effective way of driving organic web traffic from Google. By optimizing webpages with relevant phrases and keywords, businesses can ensure they show up higher on search results and attract more customers.
Crafting the Perfect Customer Experience
It’s time to make sure your customers receive the best experience possible. Crafting a perfect customer experience is key for any business, and you can achieve this through several different strategies.
- The first step is to focus on customer service—provide timely, courteous responses, and be willing to go the extra mile to make sure your customers’ needs are met.
- Creating an emotional connection with your customers through content is also important. When possible, try using storytelling or visual elements to help engage with your audience and build relationships with them.
- Lastly, creating a user-friendly environment for your customers is necessary for any successful business—ensuring that the website or product is easy to navigate and getting feedback from customers can help you find areas of improvement that may help elevate the overall customer experience.
Maximizing the Impact of Your Marketing Campaigns
The sixth strategic marketing strategy you need to know is how to maximize the impact of your campaigns. To do this, you should plan ahead for how you want your campaigns to look, what messages and visuals you want to include, and how you are going to reach your target audience. Additionally, make sure that the campaign is consistent across all channels: use the same visuals, copy and message on your website, social media accounts, email newsletter and any other platforms you might use.
Another key element of maximizing the impact of your marketing campaigns is having a measureable goal set in place before launching it. Having specific metrics outlined—such as click-through rates or conversions—will help you evaluate whether or not your campaign was successful so that you can make adjustments if needed in future campaigns. Finally, consider remixing content from one campaign into another one; this will help increase brand recognition and engagement from users who may have already seen the original post.
It can be tough to keep up with the latest marketing trends and know which strategies will work best for your business. But not to worry – we’ve got you covered. Now you know the modern marketing strategies.