There is no doubt that influencer marketing is one of the most powerful marketing tools in the 21st century. According to influencer marketing effectiveness statistics, businesses make $6.5 for every dollar spent on an influencer. A collaboration often starts with a good influencer outreach program.
Often, you have to email the influencer, asking them to collaborate with you to promote your brand. If this is your first time sending an outreach email to an influencer, this may seem like a daunting task. In this article, we will guide you on how to write an influencer email. We will also include samples of an influencer email collaboration template.
The Importance Of An Influencer Collaboration Email Template
Let’s face it: reaching out to an influencer can feel daunting. You send tons of emails but don’t receive a response. You are left wondering if there is something you are doing wrong. This is where an influencer marketing email template helps.
An email template can save much effort you would otherwise spend writing emails from scratch. While each influencer email should be personalized, having a template makes the whole writing process easier, especially if you have the exact offers for your influencers.
Is Collaborating With An Influencer Worth The Money?
Before you even write that collaboration email to an influencer, you need to find out if they will give you your brand a good return on money. According to statistics, influencer marketing is one of the most effective marketing methods.
Studies indicate that:
- 39% of customers say they will likely buy a product after an influencer recommendation.
- According to the Social Shepherd, companies make $6.5 for every $1 used on influencer marketing.
- Brands that use influencers say they helped them achieve 11 times better results than banner ads.
How To Write a Collaboration Email to an Influencer
Now that you are ready to write an influencer email, here are the steps you should follow:
Find The Right Influencer For Your Brand
Ensure that the influencer is best suited to work with you. Some of the factors to consider when finding the right influencer for your brand are:
- Relevance to your brand
- Number of followers
- Experience with promoting other brands
There are different types of influencers depending on the number of their followers. Depending on your budget, you will need to determine the right kind of influencer for your business. If you are unsure of which type of influencer you should go with, here are a few numbers you should know:
- Micro-influencers make up 47% of all influencers. Therefore, you do not need a big budget to collaborate with an influencer. You can get almost the same results with a micro-influencer as with big influencers, as they have more loyal followers and better engagement.
- Nano influencers have the highest engagement rate at 47%. Therefore, when picking influencers, don’t overlook those with between 1000 and 5000 followers.
Components of a Good Influencer Collaboration Email
Now that you have found a good influencer marketer, you must understand how to write a good email for them. Here are the components you should include in your influencer marketing email.
According to Hubspot, 35% of email recipients open an email depending on the subject line. That means you must have a catchy subject line if you want the influencer to open your email.
Include their name in the subject line to draw the influencer’s attention. For instance, you can write something like:
- Ashley, we would like to work with you.
- Milliam, your followers will appreciate this product.
Ensure that the subject line is short, preferably less than 7 words. Using emojis in the subject line can increase the recipient’s chances of opening the email.
Start with friendly greetings
Start with a friendly greeting using the influencer’s name when writing the email. Make this part short. Instead, ensure that the biggest part of your email details the actual collaboration with the influencer.
Another part that should be included in your email is your collaboration with your influencer. Some of the details that you should include in this part are:
- The reward you will give to the influencer. Is it money, products, or a commission? Be clear on how the influencer will be gaining from the collaboration.
- Show the reason why you believe in the partnership. You can provide examples of posts that show this.
Should You Email Or DM an Influencer?
Whether to email or DM an influencer will depend on your needs. Emailing an influencer will enable you to stay official and provide in-depth details on the collaboration. So, if you want to explain your campaign and why you believe the influencer is a good fit, go with an email.
If you want to communicate casually with an influencer, you should DM the influencer. When using this channel, ensure your message is brief, sweet, and to the point.
Pay attention to how the influencer would also like to be contacted. In most cases, creators who regularly collaborate with brands often list how they prefer to be contacted in their bios.
Example Of Influencer Collaboration Email Templates
If you are still not sure how to write an influencer collaboration email template, here are a few examples:
Micro-Influencer Collaboration Email Templates
If you would like to work with a nanon or micro-influencer, you will likely give them free products to sample. In that case, you must follow a micro-influencer email collaboration template. Here is an example.
General Influencer Collaboration Email Template
Here is a general email template for a collaboration.
Influencer marketing DM templates
If you want to remain informal in communicating with an influencer, a DM message works better than an email. This is also a great choice if you need to write a short message. Here is a sample DM message for an influencer.
Tips to Improve Your Chances of Acceptance
Remember that influencers only accept 1 out of the 4 collaboration requests they receive. Therefore, if you only write to ask for a partnership without a good reason, this will not bag you the coveted influencer.
If you need an influencer to choose your brand over another, you should tell them the right things: Here are a few tips to increase the chances of the influencers accepting the collaboration and the relationship working.
- Speak their language: If you want to reach customers in Germany, you should work with an influencer who speaks the language.
- Avoid using the same template. Instead, personalize the relationship by personalizing the email.
- Follow up on the email. There are chances that the influencer will not read your email as they are busy. You can follow up by writing a second email, tweeting to them or sending a DM.
However, when following up, you should be reasonable and not appear like a stalker. If they still do not respond after following up, this could indicate that they aren’t interested.
Influencer marketing effectiveness statistics indicate that working with an influencer can enable businesses to reach their target market, resulting in a 154% increase in engagement.
While influencer marketing takes a lot of effort, it is worth it. If you are struggling to write an email to an influencer, our templates above can help you get started. Remember that you should not copy everything but use the template as a guide.