How old do you have to be to work at Starbucks? As a business owner, you want to know how old you have to be when it comes time to get your first Starbucks job. It’s not just about getting hired. You also want to make sure that you’ll have time to learn the ropes before you start working there full-time. And also, you will earn decent money. So what’s the answer?
In order to work there, applicants must be at least 16 years of age. This coffee chain is a popular place to work for high school and college students, as well as adults looking for a flexible job. There are many positions available at Starbucks, including barista, shift supervisor, and store manager. To be eligible for most positions, applicants must be at least 16 years old. However, there are a few positions that require applicants to be at least 18 years old. Starbucks is a great place to have a job at for people of all ages and backgrounds.
How Old Do You Have to Be to Work at Starbucks?
It depends on a few factors. Some positions require different minimum age requirements, as do some store locations. These stipulations include:
- Does Starbucks Hire at 17? – Yes. 17-year-olds are above the minimum Starbucks hiring age and can hold a variety of positions in their stores.
- Does Starbucks Hire at 16? – Yes. Sixteen-year-olds are eligible for hire at all Starbucks locations.
- Does Starbucks Hire at 15? – Yes. Depending on the state, the age to work requirements allow 15-year-olds to be baristas.
- What States Does Starbucks Hire at 14? – Minors as young as 14 can gain employment in the state of Montana only, provided they comply with state child labor guidelines on work permits and restricted hours.
Minimum Age Requirement: 16 years old
You must be at least 16 years old to work in the kitchen, bar and drive-thru window. If you are under 18, your parent or guardian will have to vouch for your employment as well. Hours of Operation: Mon-Thurs: 5:00am-12:00am; Fri-Sat: 5:00am-1:00am; Sun: 5:00am-11:00pm (Hours may vary by location)
Starbucks locations operate on a 24-hour schedule and open at 5:00am Monday through Thursday, 6:00am Friday, and 7:30am on weekends. Many stores also have extended hours during the week (such as until 1:00am or 2:00am) in order to meet customer demand.
The location you work at may have different hours than those listed here; however, if you’re looking for an opening time that’s not listed above or would like more information about what your store’s policies are concerning closing times we recommend checking out our blog post titled “10 Things You Should Know Before Opening A New Coffee Shop.”
You need to be at least 16 years old.
You can’t apply for the job if you’re younger than 16, even if your parent(s) want you to.
- If your parents say that they’ll take care of all the paperwork and other requirements needed for getting hired, then they are lying—and this is illegal. The law requires that employers verify their employees’ ages before hiring them (which means checking IDs). If they don’t do this, then any person who was hired under false pretenses could sue them for fraud!
- Exceptional benefits, great training, and generous discounts make the ever-expanding Starbucks Corporation an attractive choice for people seeking entry-level employment. Starbucks age requirements typically require workers to be at least 16 years old, although select locations allow minors as young as 14 to join the Starbucks family.
- Underage associates may need to work limited hours and hold special work permits depending on the child labor laws in their state. Successful candidates usually receive a job offer within a few days of their interview. Once they begin, they typically earn an hourly pay rate that is slightly above minimum wage, as well as weekly tips based on the number of hours they work.
Reasons for age requirement at Starbucks
Many of the positions at the company involve handling hot beverages
One of the main reasons why Starbucks requires its employees to be 18 years or older is because many of the positions at the company involve handling hot beverages. For example, baristas are responsible for making coffee and tea drinks for customers. These drinks can be very hot, and it takes a certain level of maturity to be able to handle them safely.
Many of the positions also involve handling money
Another reason why Starbucks has an age requirement for its employees is because many of the positions also involve handling money. For example, cashiers are responsible for taking payments from customers and giving them the correct change. This is a lot of responsibility, and it requires a certain level of maturity to be able to handle it properly.
Starbucks is an amazing company with many career opportunities. The baristas are some of the most passionate people I know and it shows in the way they serve their customers each day. Starbucks pays its employees well, treats them with respect, and provides them with opportunities for growth within the company. The goal is to make sure that everyone who works at Starbucks has a great experience and leaves the company feeling satisfied with their job there.
In conclusion, the age requirement for Starbucks employees is in place for a number of reasons. The company wants to ensure that its employees are mature enough to handle the responsibilities of the job, and that they will be able to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for customers.