While Pinterest isn’t as popular as other bigger social media platforms, it’s still an excellent place for e-commerce marketing. Since it’s also a search engine for images, it can provide excellent visibility for your products and services. No matter the kind of products you sell, showcasing them on Pinterest can help bring leads and conversion.
But since this site focuses more on visuals, you should create high-quality image posts and optimize them for search engines. Here is our guide on how to use Pinterest for e-commerce marketing.
How Good is Pinterest for eCommerce?
Pinterest is an excellent place for e-commerce sites as it helps them to showcase their products or services. Besides, it also helps them to drive traffic to their sites. But if you are still unconvinced, you must check out these numbers. Studies indicate that:
- 55% of visitors to the site go there to search for a product.
- 80% of Pinterest users have found a product to purchase on the site.
- Pinterest users have a bigger shopping basket as compared to other platforms
Therefore, you may be missing significant traffic if you aren’t optimizing your e-commerce site for Pinterest.
Steps in implementing a Pinterest Content Strategy
To enable your e-commerce site to benefit from Pinterest, follow these steps:
Determine your Goal
Like many other things, you need to start by determining your goal. Is it to drive traffic to your site or conversion? Is it to create awareness of your brand? After determining your goal, it becomes easier for you to plan your content strategy.
Create a Business Profile
A business profile will enable you start marketing on the platform. It will also allow you to access tools such as Pinterest ads and analytics you wouldn’t get with a personal account. Include your business name profile and log in to the Pinterest account. Remember that Pinterest only allows you to connect to one site. Therefore, choose one where you can make sales.
Create Eye-catching Pins
Pinterest allows you to add pins with a maximum of 100 characters for the title and 500 characters for the description. This is where you add a well-optimized and creative title and meta descriptions to drive traffic and engagement.
Tips on Creating Pinterest Pins
To succeed on Pinterest, you will need to create outstanding pins. If your pins are average, it will be hard for your site to stand out in the crowded Pinterest site. Here are tips on creating eye-catching pins:
- Use bright colors. Ensure that you use eye-catching colors on your pins. Use vertical images with an aspect ratio of 2:3.
- Link to a landing page. It’s also a good practice to link pins to landing pages, as this helps drive traffic to your e-commerce store. For enhanced user satisfaction, the landing page should align with what is in the pins. All pins should have power titles and meta descriptions.
- Use bullet points. If you create pins made of blocks of text, they will bore your readers. Therefore, break the points with easy-to-read bullet points.
- Use video pins. These can help break the monotony of text and drive engagement. Include captions for people viewing on muted mode.
- Use a powerful hook. This is especially important for video pins. Use a powerful hook that will draw the viewer’s attention.
Use Organic Boards
Sorting your content in well-organized boards will help you stay organized when pinning. You can have individual boards for the different product categories. For instance, if you sell shoes, you can have other boards for men, women, and children.
Ensure Your Pins are SEO-optimized
Pinterest has over 900 million monthly users. This is traffic that you can leverage. However, if you need visibility from this traffic, you should optimize your store for the search engine. You can use tools like the Google Adword Keyword Planner to see keywords people in your niche are using. Other tools you can use include Pinterest Guided Search and Pinterest Ad Targeting.
You can also get some great keywords by looking at the competition pins. Use the keywords in the title, description, and board titles. This will enhance relevance with the user’s search and drive traffic.
To succeed on Pinterest, you will need to post consistently. Create a content schedule and adhere to it. Post as many pins as possible, but don’t compromise on quality. But also avoid overposting to the point where your audience feels overwhelmed.
Pinterest is one of the most underutilized platforms for content marketing. Since pins are evergreen content, they can help you drive more traffic to your site in the long term when done correctly. By using this guide, you can see better results from Pinterest content marketing.