While a company page is essential, how you package it will determine if it will not bring in leads. Adding company details is good but will not bring any conversion. After all, not many people bother to read them. Therefore, structure your page in a way that convinces people to visit your site.
One of the best ways to do that is through strategic content creation that aligns with your content marketing plan. This is especially the case when creating a B2B content strategy. Here are the tips on doing that.
What is a B2B Content Strategy?
A content marketing strategy acts like a roadmap that guides you toward your desired direction. It helps you create the right content for your audience. However, a B2B content strategy is different from that of a B2C.
When creating content that targets businesses, you should create authoritative content that responds to their needs and pain points. That’s why you need a clear B2B strategy to create content that resonates with businesses rather than individuals.
Steps to Follow In Creating a Linkedin B2b Content Strategy
When creating a LinkedIn B2B strategy, you should follow these steps:
Determine What You Want To Achieve
First, you need to have a clear objective on what you want your content marketing to achieve. Is it to increase brand awareness, generate leads, or drive conversion? Having a goal in mind can help you measure the success of your campaign.
Determine Your Target Audience
You must determine the kind of business you want to attract to your page. What is the ideal kind of content they will appreciate? What are their goals, challenges, and pain points? Remember that LinkedIn users can interact more with your brand if they find your content valuable.
You can classify your audience according to their behaviors, characters, and job roles. This segmentation will enable you to create content according to your target audience’s needs.
Create a Content Plan
A content plan should begin by considering the type of content to create according to your audience’s needs and goals. It should have the topics, formats, and distribution method. Some standard formats you can use are:
- Case studies
- White papers
You should determine how often to post content to maintain engagement with your audience. Finally, determine the distribution channels to use for the content. These include LinkedIn profiles, emails, web pages, and industry newsletters.
Just like a website, content optimization is essential for a LinkedIn page. Ensure that you use keywords your target audience is actively using. You can include keywords in your company description and company specialties, too.
Be proactive in promoting your page. You cannot sit back and expect people to stumble across your page. Ensure that your page is linked to your site. Share the page across different social media platforms. You can also share your profile using the channels we discussed in the previous steps.
Adding a Showcase Page is a good option for big organizations with several brands, business segments, or product lines. These are pages for different brands affiliated to your main page. Their goal is to provide each page with a unique voice and personality.
Tips to Create Greeted LinkedIn B2B Content
Now that you have a content strategy, use these tips to create great content:
- Focus on quality. While posting regularly is important, focus more on quality over quantity. Ensure that you create compelling content that captivates your audience.
- Use visuals. Ensure your LinkedIn posts have eye-catching visuals, like videos, infographics, and images.
- Be a thought leader. Position yourself as a thought leader in your industry. You can do that by posting your thoughts, insights, and deep analysis to build credibility.
- Respond to comments. Don’t just post content; respond to the people who comment on your post.
- Be consistent. Have a consistent posting schedule to maintain your audience’s interest.
- Use data analytics. Facts and analytics should drive all your content decisions. Therefore, keep tracking your performance indicators to see if your efforts bear fruit.
- Stay updated. For your B2B LinkedIn plan to continue being successful, you must stay updated with changing trends on the social media site.
With a good B2B content strategy, LinkedIn can be a great place to get leads. Remember that this should be an ongoing endeavor, not a one-time affair. By following our guide, you can create a good B2B content strategy to generate leads and help with conversion.