Whether or not your company caters to the Generation market, becoming one of the early adopters of TikTok for business marketing is a good idea. TikTok began as a channel to showcase amusing short videos and has since grown to become the world’s fastest-growing social media platform. Former Musical.ly before a Chinese company Bytedance purchased it, TikTok user count exceeds 2.6 billion. It has 1.1 billion monthly active users and has grown rapidly during the peak of the 2020 pandemic.
TikTok videos are similar to those of the now-defunct social platform Vine. They are only 15 seconds long but users can combine several together to create videos lasting up to 60 seconds. Users can also add background music and special effects to their videos.
Using TikTok for Business
TikTok is a popular social media platform that can be a valuable marketing tool for businesses. TikTok influencers are basically number one celebrities nowadays. Partnering with them can take your business game to a completely new level. TikTok influencers can promote a business’s products or services through sponsored content, product reviews, or brand mentions. Some other ways TikTok can help your business include:
Hashtag challenges: Participating in popular TikTok hashtag challenges can help businesses increase brand awareness and engagement. This can be done by creating a branded hashtag and encouraging customers to participate in a challenge related to the business’s products or services.
Branded content: Businesses can create their own TikTok videos to promote their products or services. This content can range from creative, entertaining videos to more informative or educational content that showcases the benefits of the business’s products or services.
User-generated content: Encouraging customers to create and share TikTok videos that feature the business’s products or services can help increase brand awareness and credibility. This can be done by creating a branded hashtag and offering incentives for customers to participate.
Advertisements: Businesses can also use TikTok’s advertising platform to reach a large and targeted audience. This can be done through various ad formats, such as in-feed ads, brand takeovers, and branded lenses.
TikTok provides businesses with a unique opportunity to reach and engage with a younger, tech-savvy audience through various marketing tactics. By leveraging the platform’s massive user base, user-generated content, and advertising capabilities, businesses can increase brand awareness, engagement, and sales.
How to Open TikTok Business Accounts?
Now if you want to get professional on TikTok, you definitely need a business account. Doesn’t mean you can’t make it fun. This isn’t LinkedIn, you can still keep the content light hearted and fun, you just need to show your followers that you are selling something. And you account is just a demonstration for your products, in a fun way, that is.
- Download the TikTok app: If you don’t already have the TikTok app, download it from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Create a personal account: Open the TikTok app and create a personal account using your email address or phone number. This will be used as the foundation for your business account.
- Convert to a business account: In order to make a business account without losing your personal one, just open you profile (should be at the top right). Through managing settings you can simply switch to a so-called “pro” account. Afterwards, it’s up to you if you keep the old content or not.
- Add business information: Next, you’ll need to provide some basic information about your business, including your business name, contact information, and website.
- Verify your account: TikTok may ask you to verify your account by providing additional information, such as a business license or proof of address.
- Set up a payment method: Once your account is verified, you’ll need to set up a payment method so you can run ads on TikTok.
- Start creating content: After you’ve set up your account, you can start creating and sharing content to reach and engage with your target audience.
Note: TikTok’s guidelines for business accounts may change over time, so it’s important to regularly check the TikTok Creator Center for the latest information and best practices for using the platform for business.
How to Unlock the Power of TikTok Marketing?
You can find very specific secrets along the ways, after you’ve covered the basics. There will be things only you can do for your products or services. That being said, without the basics you can’t create a sufficient ground for tailoring your TikTok marketing experience in the future.
- Know your audience: Understanding your target audience is key to success on TikTok. Research their demographics, interests, and behavior on the platform to determine the type of content that will resonate with them.
- Create engaging content: TikTok is all about entertainment and creativity, so make sure your content is fun, visually appealing, and memorable. Use popular music, creative editing techniques, and trending hashtags to increase the chances of your content being discovered.
- Partner with influencers: TikTok influencer marketing can be an effective way to reach a large and engaged audience. Consider partnering with influencers who have a strong following in your target market.
- Join the conversation: Participating in popular TikTok hashtag challenges and using relevant hashtags in your content can help increase brand visibility and engagement.
- Utilize advertising: TikTok’s advertising platform offers several ad formats, including in-feed ads, brand takeovers, and branded lenses. Consider testing different ad formats to find what works best for your business.
- Measure and optimize: Regularly track and analyze your TikTok marketing efforts to determine what’s working and what’s not. Use this data to fine-tune your strategy and improve your results over time.
- Stay up-to-date: TikTok is a rapidly evolving platform, so it’s important to stay up-to-date on the latest trends, features, and best practices. Regularly check the TikTok Creator Center and other industry resources for information and inspiration.
Business TikTok Marketing Ideas for TikTok Marketing
Here are some TikTok marketing ideas for businesses:
- Product demos: Showcase your products in creative and entertaining ways that highlight their unique features and benefits.
- Behind-the-scenes content: Give your followers a behind-the-scenes look at your business, including a glimpse of your team and production processes.
- Customer testimonials: Share customer testimonials and reviews to build trust and credibility with your target audience.
- How-to tutorials: Create short and engaging how-to tutorials that demonstrate how to use your products or services.
- Challenges and contests: Run challenges and contests that encourage your followers to create and share content related to your business.
- Live streams: Host live streams to interact with your followers in real-time and answer their questions.
- Influencer collaborations: Partner with popular TikTok influencers to reach new audiences and build brand awareness.
- Holiday and seasonal content: Create fun and festive content to celebrate holidays and special events, such as Christmas, Halloween, or the Summer Solstice.
- User-generated content: Encourage your followers to create and share their own content related to your business, and then share and promote the best entries.
- Educational content: Provide educational content that teaches your followers about your products, services, or industry, including tips and tricks.
Implement these ideas so your business can reach and engage with their target audience in new and creative ways, drive brand awareness, and ultimately boost sales.
TikTok for business marketing has become a powerful tool for businesses looking to reach and engage with their target audience in new and creative ways. By understanding their audience, creating engaging content, partnering with influencers, joining the conversation, utilizing advertising, measuring and optimizing results, and staying up-to-date on the latest trends, businesses can unlock the full potential of TikTok marketing and achieve their marketing goals.