TikTok influencer marketing can be a good way of increasing awareness, building customer trust, and increasing conversion. Unfortunately, many brands don’t know where to start with TikTok influencer marketing. This guide will take you through everything you need to develop a winning TikTok influencer marketing strategy.
The Basics of TikTok Influencer Marketing
TikTok influencer marketing involves brands collaborating with influencers to promote their products and services. The influencers will create content or posts promoting your brand. The goal is for you to spread the word about your products or services to the influencer’s audience.
How Effective Is Tiktok Influencer Marketing?
Are you wondering if investing in TikTok influencer marketing is worth it? Here are some benefits you need to know about.
Benefit from viral trends
Unlike platforms such as YouTube, TikTok specializes in short videos, which are more likely to go viral than long videos. With the average length of Tiktok videos being only 15 seconds, many viewers have the patience to watch Tiktok videos, including those created by influencers.
Reach your niche audience.
TikTok makes it easier for brands to find what they are searching for using the relevant hashtags. It is, therefore, easier to find influencers in their niche who can help them reach their target audience.
Easy to grow your brand on TikTok
Many social media sites give prominence to people or brands with a vast following. This isn’t the case with TikTok, as the platform allows all creators to grow. If you are looking for a social media platform to get started and grow, there is no better option than TikTok. Besides, the TikTok algorithm makes it easier for the content created by an influencer to be seen by a large audience.
How to Find the Right TikTok Influencer for Your Brand
The first step towards collaborating with an influencer on TikTok is finding the right influencer. Here are the factors you need to consider when choosing a TikTok influencer.
You need to collaborate with an influencer whose audience matches yours if you want to reap the benefits of influencer marketing. Consider your niche and industry so that you can start searching for an influencer in a similar niche.
One of the key Tiktok trends you should pay attention to when choosing a niche is the Tiktok subculture. These usually have their niche content and hashtags. Examples include #Foodtok (for food lovers), #FitTok(for fitness enthusiasts), and #BookTok(for book lovers). You can check out such hashtags to see if your business can fit in one of them.
TikTok also doubles up as a search engine. Studies indicate that 51% of GenZ women use the platform to find products or services. You can also use relevant keywords to find influencers in your niche. Check the videos and users that pop up to see if you can find any potential influencers.
Check the trending hashtags.
By using TikTok trends, you can easily discover trends. Find out the most popular hashtags to find influencers using those hashtags. You can find the trending hashtags by looking at:
- The For You page. This will show some of the new content. Look at the hashtags on this page and find out if there are recurring hashtags.
- Use the TikTok search icon. You can search for the keywords we mentioned earlier.
Perform an organic search.
One resource you can use to find influencers in your niche is Google. You can easily find a list of the top TikTok influencers in 2024. You can also find information on where these influencers are based, their popularity, content niche, and more.
Adjust your search according to metrics such as follower count, location, and content type. You will be given a list of influencers to review to determine if they match your needs.
Perform competitor analysis
It can also help to find the influencers your competitors are working with. Identify at least three brands in your niche. Go through their profiles and review their activity on the app. Check if there is any influencer collaboration they are doing. While you may not work with the exact influencer your competitors are using, it cna give you an idea of the influencer you can partner with.
Use a free Tiktok influencer search tool.
There are several influencer search tools that can help you find the right influencer. Here is a list of the top 5 free social media influencer search tools.
- Upfluence. This is a Chrome plugin that enables brands to analyze an influencer profile.
- Kitly Business. This is a great platform that will connect brands with influencers. They can help cut out middlemen as they provide users with the latest contacts of influencers.
- Hype Auditor. This tool will show you the top influencers in your niche. It analyzes the top influencers through the top engagements and quality of followers.
- Storyclash. This is a free Social media influencer search tool that will show you influencers who are talking about your brand.
- Influence. co. This tool has a social network and an influencer marketplace with over 300K members.
Work With An Influencer Marketing Agency
If you do not want to go through the hustle of finding an influencer, consider working with an influencer marketing agency. Therefore, it is a great choice for a start-up influencer marketing program. As the name suggests, this organization connects influencers with brands. Therefore, in this case, you will be paying the influencer marketing agency to create and operate the influencer marketing campaign for you.
What does an influencer marketing agency do?
Some of the roles and responsibilities of an influencer marketing agency include:
- Product placement. This involves an influencer incorporating a product or service in their content, either as an image, video, or story.
- Building a TikTok following. The TikTok influencer may, in this case, focus on increasing the popularity of a brand’s channel.
- Creative campaigns. This involves creating challenges relating to a brand.
- Contest & giveaways. In this case, the Tikok influencer marketing agency may create a contest to promote a brand.
- Themes and hashtag campaigns. Brands collaborate with an influencer to share content around the central theme.
Influencer marketing can be a good TikTok for business marketing method for your brand at an affordable price. If you are wondering where to start with Tiktok influencer marketing, our guide will help you with everything from finding an influencer to understanding how to collaborate with them for the best results.